A water bearer had two pots, each hung on each end of pole which he carries across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other had no crack. The cracked pot delivers just half of its content while the other without crack delivers full water content at the end of the long walk from the streams to the house.
This went on daily for about two years with the bearer delivering only one and half pot of water to the house. The perfect pot was obviously proud of its accomplishments because it was able to deliver full content, but the cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and became miserable as a result of its inability to deliver full content. After two years of what is perceived as a bitter failure, the pot said to the water bearer by the stream that "I'm ashamed of myself and I want to apologize to you for not been able to deliver full content to the house". "Why?", asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?" I have only been able to deliver half content all these years because of this crack on my side which causes water to leak out all the way back to the house. Because of this flaw, you have had to do more to get value for your efforts."
Then the water bearer felt sorry for the cracked pot and with compassion he said, "on the way back to the house, I want you to keep a notice of the beautiful flowers along the path." This cheered the pot and as they went back home it took notice of the beautiful flowers on the side of the path. After-all, it still felt bad because it had only half of its load delivered. So the bearer said to the pot, "did you notice that there were flowers only on your side through-out the journey and not a single one on the other side? That's because your flaw has been useful and I have always known about it. I decided to plant flowers on the side of the path to have the them watered as I walk back home from the stream everyday. I took advantage of your crack and turned it around to benefit the flowers. These flowers are the ones you see been used to decorate the table in the house."
So what are the Lessons?
1. Each of us have unique flaws. We are all cracked pots. If we permit, God can use our flaws to grace the world. So acknowledge your flaws so that they can become sources of benefits.
2. The cracks and flaws are to make our live an interesting and rewarding. So accept each person for what they are.
3. Remember to thank God for your cracks because they special purposes in your life.
This went on daily for about two years with the bearer delivering only one and half pot of water to the house. The perfect pot was obviously proud of its accomplishments because it was able to deliver full content, but the cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and became miserable as a result of its inability to deliver full content. After two years of what is perceived as a bitter failure, the pot said to the water bearer by the stream that "I'm ashamed of myself and I want to apologize to you for not been able to deliver full content to the house". "Why?", asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?" I have only been able to deliver half content all these years because of this crack on my side which causes water to leak out all the way back to the house. Because of this flaw, you have had to do more to get value for your efforts."
Then the water bearer felt sorry for the cracked pot and with compassion he said, "on the way back to the house, I want you to keep a notice of the beautiful flowers along the path." This cheered the pot and as they went back home it took notice of the beautiful flowers on the side of the path. After-all, it still felt bad because it had only half of its load delivered. So the bearer said to the pot, "did you notice that there were flowers only on your side through-out the journey and not a single one on the other side? That's because your flaw has been useful and I have always known about it. I decided to plant flowers on the side of the path to have the them watered as I walk back home from the stream everyday. I took advantage of your crack and turned it around to benefit the flowers. These flowers are the ones you see been used to decorate the table in the house."
So what are the Lessons?
1. Each of us have unique flaws. We are all cracked pots. If we permit, God can use our flaws to grace the world. So acknowledge your flaws so that they can become sources of benefits.
2. The cracks and flaws are to make our live an interesting and rewarding. So accept each person for what they are.
3. Remember to thank God for your cracks because they special purposes in your life.

No comments:
Post a Comment